- This event has passed.
Fray’s River Friends – Fassnidge Park
February 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Come and join the Fray’s River Friends Group to improve access and tidy up this part of the river at Fassnidge Park, Uxbridge.
We’re holding regular events every month along the Fray’s River in the London Borough of Hillingdon to establish a Friends Group for the river, providing tools and training to enhance the river and its surroundings.
Tasks will include:
- Improve access to Fray’s River
- Cut back vegetation from paths and around roadbridge over river.
- Remove litter from the river, riverbank and surrounding park area
- Learn about river-fly monitoring to monitor health of the river
- Learn about invasive species and start to tackle Floating Pennywort
Parking is very limited at this site, but is a short walk from Uxbridge with good public transport links.
All equipment will be provided, including boots, and gloves. All are welcome, get in touch if you’ve any questions.
Wednesday 1st February 2017 – Fray’s River, Fassnidge Park, Uxbridge
Wednesday 1st March 2017 – Fray’s River, Little Britain Lake, Cowley
Funded by Heathrow Community Fund