- This event has passed.
Forest School Awareness Training
24th November 2018 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm£25
Who is it for? This training is relevant to all settings and is aimed at those who are interested in developing Forest School and becoming a Level 3 Forest School Leader.
The day will equip you with an awareness of Forest School, the ethos, issues to consider and practical activities. The Level 3 training course will also be outlined.
The awareness training day will cover:
- Background to Forest School.
- How does Forest School link to your curriculum?
- What is self-concept and self-esteem, and the impact of Forest School?
- Practical activities using only natural resources.
- Where can Forest School take place?
- Health and Safety in the outdoors and your role. Clothing and equipment requirements.
- Risk Benefit Analysis and promoting risk management at Forest School.
- Forest School activities with resources.
What you need to bring on the day: You will need wellies or boots, and a waterproof coat and trousers if you have them. A packed lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Training venue: Welsh Harp Environmental Education Centre, Birchen Grove, London, NW9 8RY
Free parking on site. Closest tube station Wembley Park.
To book your place: Contact Chris Dee, Forest School Learning Initiative Limited, on
01242 602476 / 07989 996753 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: £25 per person
** A note for your diary – The Level 3 Forest School Leader training course will be taking place in the same venue from the 4th – 8th Feb 2019**