- This event has passed.
LONDON RIVERS WEEK LAUNCH – Celebrate London’s Rivers!
25th May 2019 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Get outdoors with friends and family this Saturday May 25 for free fun in one of the best green spaces in south-east London!
The launch of London’s Rivers Week will happen this Saturday in Birchmere Park (next to Birchmere Lake) in Thamesmead on Saturday, 25th May from 11 am – 3 pm.
- Keep the kids entertained with loads of free family-friendly arts and crafts
- Get your hands on a cutting-edge remote controlled boat to protect London’s rivers
- Use sunlight to make cyanotype photographs
- Learn how to fish and see fish up close
- Go mini-beast hunting
- Help design new homes for wildlife in London
- Make art based on natural materials in the Park
- Learn how Thamesmead is leading the way in pioneering new green technology to transform its waterways
………and much much more!
The nearest station is Abbey Wood, with nearest bus stops at Southwood Road and Titmuss Avenue (244 / 472).
London Rivers Week runs from Saturday May 25 – Sunday June 2 2019
Did you know there are more than 600km of waterway running through the capital, the same distance between Brighton and Edinburgh?
London Rivers Week is a chance for Londoners to explore the canals, rivers and lakes across greater London with loads of free events going on including walks, talks, films, exhibitions, canoeing, citizen science and family events.
Where London’s rivers have been restored and rewilded, they help us in lots of ways: provide homes for wildlife, soak up flood water, filter pollution and give us a space to unwind from the stress of city life.