- This event has passed.
FULLY BOOKED – Thames River Watch Citizen Scientist Training – Online
August 22 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Help Thames21 create a buzz about the health of the Thames and monitor the plastic pollution by becoming a citizen scientist! As a Thames River Watch volunteer, you will spend just a couple of hours each month to help us build a better picture of the health of the tidal Thames. In the process you will join a local group of volunteers; get people involved and excited about taking action to help improve the heath of the Thames; and get out into nature on your doorstep.
This training session will provide non-experts with the knowledge and tools to become a Thames River Watch Citizen Scientist. Click here to find out more about the Thames River Watch project.
The session will include:
- An introduction to Thames21 and Thames River Watch
- History and geography of the Thames
- The tidal foreshore environment
- The Thames: water quality and plastic pollution (including how to monitor it)
- Wildlife in the river
- Ways for the public to get involved
The session involves:
- Background reading followed by a short quiz which will be sent out a week before the training session.
- An online session using Zoom – this will involve a presentation, interactive online tools and a discussion.
Please note: if this is your first training session with Thames21, please sign up here.
If you have already registered for a training session with Thames21, you can sign onto this one by clicking here.
If you are interested in other training opportunities offered by Thames21 please sign up to receive our Training Bulletin