- This event has passed.
The Thames Foreshore Festival – Shadwell
23rd September 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE STARTING AT 12:00 RATHER THAN 1OAM DUE TO THE WEATHER
Join us for a free, family festival to celebrate and enjoy London’s iconic waterway, the River Thames. Taking place in two locations across London, the Foreshore Festival offers you the chance to try sea kayaking, get down onto the foreshore for beach combing sessions to explore hundreds of years of history or find out about the fragile river ecosystem and it’s threats.
- Come down and get a taster session in a sea kayak on the river or the basin. For more info visit: Tower Hamlets Canoe Club.
- Active Row Regatta – This novel rowing event will take rowing out of its comfort zone seeing young people from local Secondary Schools race up and down the river in a format you’ll have never seen! To find out more about Active Row and which schools are racing check out the London Youth Rowing website.
- The Host venue is a great place to get active! For more info visit: www.shadwell-basin.co.uk.
- You can do your bit by helping Thames21 identify the main plastic culprits in the river by taking part in a citizen science exercise. Thames21 will provide all the kit you need to take part – all you need to do is turn up! For more info visit: www.thames21.org.uk/thames-river-watch.
- There will be stalls from the EA and Hubbub, where you can find out more about the future of London’s Flood Defences, and think about plastic in the river in a new way!
- Demonstrations and activity with the RNLI, PLA, Fire Service – See and speak to the people who keep us all safe. Find out how to be safe and responsible on the river banks.