- This event has passed.
Training – Thames River Watch
29th March 2014 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
As a Thames River Watch volunteer, you will spend just a couple of hours each month to help us build a better picture of the health of the tidal Thames.
This day-long training session will provide non-experts with the knowledge and tools to become a Thames River Watch surveyor.
The session will include:
- An introduction to Thames River Watch
- The story of London’s River
- The tidal foreshore environment
- How to undertake water quality tests
- How to undertake a survey of invasive species
- How to report your findings
Weekday sessions will be held at the Thames21 offices at Walbrook Wharf, City of London and weekend sessions will be held at the Creekside Discovery Centre, Deptford.
The session involves indoor learning and a practical session on the foreshore.
Please note: you must register with the training programme before you can book on to a specific session.
If you have already registered and wish to book onto this session, click here.