WHEN IS REGATTA LONDON?
Sunday 29 September 2019, the day the Thames Barrier is closed.
WHERE IS IT HAPPENING?
- Rowing will start at Hammersmith and finish in Greenwich
- For Kayak and SUP there are two courses to choose from:
- The London Crossing – 12 miles, paddling from Putney to Greenwich
- The Big Ben – 12 mile looped course from Putney to Big Ben and back
Why two routes?
- The London Crossing (Putney to Greenwich) requires higher competency levels due to strict cut off times. Places are limited for experienced kayakers and paddle boarders.
- The Big Ben (Putney 6 miles to Westminster and return 6 miles back to Putney) is the same distance as the London Crossing and still takes participants to the heart of London. This offers a more relaxed experience with less pressure on timings and is open to all. If you are interested in taking part on a tandem or team (4-person) SUP, please contact email@example.com.
Both routes are a great event for anyone who is up for the challenge to paddle 12 miles in central London.
HOW CAN I TAKE PART?
You can take part in the Regatta London in the following ways:
|Challenge||Vessel||Number of people|
|Rowing||Eights||8 people plus experienced cox|
|Kayak Canoe||K1||1 person|
IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION?
All participants in Regatta London must be over 16 years old on 29 September 2019
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO REGISTER?
WHERE DO I GET A BOAT?
Participants are required to bring their own vessel. More information about training and hiring equipment can be found here:
ANY OTHER CRITERIA?
All particpants must be capable of swimming 50m. As it is a challenge event, it is strongly recommended that participants train adequately to be able to complete the challenge as cut-off times will be in place.
IS THERE A MINIMUM FUNDRAISING AMOUNT?
£300 is the minimum, but if you can raise more, that will help us protect even more stretches of river and reach more people with our work
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Register now to grab your place in Regatta London!
- We will then allocate you with a charity place
- And follow up with next steps to complete your registration
WHO IS BEHIND REGATTA LONDON?
Regatta London has been founded by Tideway, the company building London’s super sewer. Currently under construction, this major new piece of infrastructure is a 25km tunnel that will help clean up the River Thames from sewage pollution and is due for completion in 2024. Regatta London compliments Tideway’s ambitions to reconnect London with its river, and to bring it back in to use for commercial, sporting and leisure activities.