Thames21’s River Cray project concentrates on community engagement and
Our main objectives in the area are to:
- Strengthen the links and relationships between the local community, schools and businesses with the River Cray through on site educational activities
- Increase the practical skills of the local community, enabling them to protect and maintain their waterways.
- Deliver supervised practical activities on the river that engage local schools with their local waterway and provide opportunities to learn about environmental issues, citizenship and community responsibility.
- Improve access to the River Corridor through physical change and improve and increase the physical facilities to make for a better experience for the visiting public
We have been do this by working in partnership with: London Borough of Bexley, Environment Agency, North West Kent Countryside Partnership, Riverside landowners, local friends groups and other organisations to deliver opportunities for people to be involved in:
- River enhancement projects,
- Invasive vegetation surveying and management,
- Bexley’s Biodiversity Action Plan and
- River cleaning events