All our events and activities are open to communities.
Corporate groups, please book with Thames21 using our corporate volunteering page
- This event has passed.
Action for Silk Stream – River Action Day at Watling Park
November 30 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for our Action for Silk Stream monthly volunteering days. They will be held on the last Thursday of each month.
We will be thinning and removing overgrown vegetation along the Burnt Oak Brook which flows through Watling Park. This will improve sight lines through the park and make it safer. It also has environmental benefits too as it lets light in so that other plants can grow.
What to Bring:
- Dress for the weather and the task – long trousers and sleeves are advisable as there are nettles and brambles.
- Please bring a packed lunch and plenty of fluids.
- We will bring tea/coffee and biscuits.
- We will provide all other equipment needed for the event and we look forward to welcoming you!
Where to meet:
- Meet near just north of the rose garden – look out for our van and flag.
- What 3 words: again.boom.total
- Closest post code: HA8 0QX
If you have any questions, please email Helen.Cardy@thames21.org.uk
Please get in touch if you have any questions about accessibility. We will do our best to make this event as accessible as possible.
Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Action for Silk Stream is a project that is helping to tackle the effects of climate change by making space for water, reducing flooding and improving water quality in the Silk Stream catchment for the benefit of communities and the environment.
This is an event designed for the community to engage the local public with the river and not for corporates. If you are interested in a bespoke corporate volunteer day. Please visit our website https://www.thames21.org.uk/get-involved-2/corporateteamdays/