All our events and activities are open to communities.
Corporate groups, please book with Thames21 using our corporate volunteering page
- This event has passed.
EVENT POSTPONED Dollis Brook Toe-boarding Removal event series EVENT POSTPONED
February 10 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
THAMES21 are removing the outdated toe-boarding from the Dollis Brook along Brook Farm Open Space, and we need volunteer help from the community.
There are many tasks that we need help with on this project, the main task will be help to clear the toe-boarding being removed so a reasonable level of fitness is required for this event, and isn’t suitable for under 16’s.
Volunteer tasks on the day will consist of:
- Thames21 staff will be removing the toe-boarding and concrete footings with manual winches from the Dollis Brook, we need volunteers help to move the timber and concrete coming out the brook to set collection points.
- Take part in a unique activity to help re-wild the banks of the Dollis Brook and take part in environmental clean up work.
- Help stabilise banks that might possibly be at risk of erosion by planting native species or installing coir matting.
- Help us survey for various species, non-native and any possible rarer native species.
- Help remove any Himalayan balsam that might be present before toe-boarding is removed, to help limit any spread of invasive species.
What you need to bring with you: sensible clothes for the weather (warm layers, and a rain jacket), please bring a water bottle, and a sandwich or something for lunch, alternatively there are shops on Totteridge Lane near the site.
We will provide all the require kit you need for the event, such as waders, tools, PPE, and refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits to all volunteers).
We will provide project information and a health and safety briefing to all volunteers on site.
Meeting location will be the Thames21 signed van in the carpark at Totteridge & Whetstone Underground Station.
Address: Totteridge Ln, London N20 0HD, What3Words location: cure.holly.sums 10am -2pm.
To book your place at this event please click on this link (https://book.plinth.org.uk/e/9Mq8n3aYZBqa4qyIj8rG)